Your Online Cup of Tea
1) Is there a you that is distinct from the rest of the world? In what way?
2) Is there a you that is distinct from the sum of your parts, and the subject of them? In what way?
3) If you are identical to your parts, then in what way is there continuity if your parts undergo change? If there is a self or I that is not identical to your parts, is the self ever a subject or only an object of them? In what way is it an object or subject? Is it only passive or active?
4) If the self is purely passive and merely aware of its existence, is this awareness itself and use thereof only passive or is it in some way undetermined by its parts?
5) If its mere awareness and use of awareness is undetermined then why not its use of its parts?
6) If its own awareness is determined by your parts then in what significant way is it a self distinct from its parts? Or even a centre of agency?
7) If the agency of the self is reduced to pure passivity even in consciousness, then in what significant way does this type of agency differ from that of an inanimate object like a rock? In what way is it agency at all?